Monday, November 15, 2010

Donald Duck as a Nazi - Der Fuehrer's Face

This is one of Aged Parent's favorite songs--she sang it at the hospital two weeks ago. I'm glad the roomate was out of the room at the time: heaven only knows what she would have made of it.

Anyhow, Aged Parent had a bad day yesterday. She was tired, depressed, and convinced herself that it was impossible to lift herself from the wheelchair. At first, we thought she was nervous, because my Sister, Cathy had stopped by with the dog groomer. Not true--there was no liftoff after the visitors departed. Parent got herself whipped up into a negative frenzy, and was truly the immovable object.

After several hours of pleading, prayer, Ginny and I managed to move the Aged P from the wheelchair to the bed. She needed a good bed bath, but more importantly, she needed a clean adult diaper and a good long nap. Today was somewhat better, but I don't know how she'll be tomorrow.

I am making mushroom stuffing to go with the roast chicken. If the stuffing is a hit, I will make it for Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment