Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Orchester Palais de danse - 1912: Turkey Trott (Ragtime)





Yes, this sums up my attitude to the holiday. First of all, I am thankful that the Aged Parent did not hurt herself when she rolled out of bed Monday Morning. She was wrapped in two polar fleece blankets which cushioned the blow. It was a shock to look at the floor and see her sitting up. Anyhow, I guessed she would not agree to a trip to the ER, so we compromised--I was able to call a 'lift up unit". For those of you who don't live in the NYC area, a lift up unit is a NYPD patrol car. The two officers took Mom by the arms, and lifted her back to her chair.

Much of Yesterday and today has been taken up with Thanksgiving preparations. I'm not looking forward to the Holiday, because I'm a bit neurotic about my Sisters. Part of it could be a lingering poor self image. Why should they respect me when I do not fully respect myself? Part of it is reacting against the media Holiday frenzy. I feel that Holiday cheer is being stuffed down my throat. I am being intubated with the Normal Rockwell Thanksgiving, when I'd much rather spend the day looking after Mom and cooking a nice dinner. Well, Ginny and I will cook a nice Thanksgiving meal, and enjoy it as best as possible.

I meant to write more, but I am too damn tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment